ALL 5th GRADE PARENTS,
Ms.Gartha and Ms. Fleming request your presence on Wednesday, December 15th for a meeting for all 5th grade parents. The curriculum and teacher expectations will be discussed. Please join us at 8:45am in the cafeteria at Oakman School for this important presentation.
Tomorrow is Pajama Day at Oakman School. Everyone is going to be wearing their pajamas in support of the Dearborn Firefighters Burn Drive. Each child is asked to donate a minimum of $2 to participate. Even if your child does not wear their pajamas to school we are asking everyone to donate to this good cause. Any amount will help. First place prize to the class that raises the most money will be a pizza party and second place will get an ice cream party. Help your child’s class win!
Oakman School has called upon the Dearborn Firefighters many times to help families and students within our community They have always pulled through for us and now it is our turn to give back.
Please adhere to the school dress code. We will send home children who wear see-through pajamas, short nightgowns, and cut off tops. Please dress children appropriately. Also, we ask that the children not wear their slippers for safety reasons. It is going to be a very fun day!.
School starts at 9:35 am tomorrow morning.
There will be a 4th grade curriculum parent meeting on Thursday morning at 8:45 am in the cafeteria. Presentations will be by Ms. Bazzi and Ms. Earle.
Pajama Day is this Friday. Please send $2 or more for your child to participate. All proceeds go to charity and the class that raises the most money gets a pizza party. Help us to help the needy.
The CAN THE PRINICIPAL food fundraiser is on all week. Great job getting those food items in! We think Mr. Awada is actually going to be canned this year! Each child is asked to donate 10 cans for the needy. The class that collects the most cans will win a pizza party. Also, you can send new hats and mittens for our tree. These will be donated to those less fortunate than we are.
1. Join us this Monday, Dec 6th at 9am in the gym for our next Bucketfiller Assembly. If you know your child is a student of the month, come and watch as he/she is honored.
2. NO Ecology Club on Tuesday morning at 8am. Instead we will have Chess and Ignite meet in the media center.
3. LATE START ON WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8TH. School begins at 9:35am. No clubs in the morning.
4. School store opens after school on Wednesdays.
5. On Thursday, Dec. 9th at 8:45am there will be a 4th grade curriculum parent meeting in the cafeteria. Ms. Bazzi and Ms. Earle will present their expectations for your child in their classroom. This is a very important parent meeting for all 4th grade families.
6. Friday, Dec. 10th, Ignite students to meet at 8am in the media center.
7. Friday, Dec. 10th, Pajama Day. Each child is to pay $2 to wear their pajamas to school. All proceeds will go to charity. MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD PARTICIPATES AND SUPPORTS THIS GREAT CAUSE. Ms. Jacqui Rivait will visit and read to the students. The class that raises the most money for Pajama Day will win a pizza party.
Oakman School will be closed on Thursday, November 25th and Friday, November 26th. School resumes on Monday, November 29th.
Stay tuned for more information about upcoming events in December and have a wonderful and safe holiday.
Congratulations to the students featured here who demonstrated good Core Values in our Bucketfiller Program. They were “Caught Doing Something Good” by a teacher or staff member and were honored for this behavior at an assembly in the beginning of November. You should be very proud if your child is here!
Friendly Reminder Parent teacher Conferences – November 22, 23 and 30. All parents are required to attend as this meeting time is critical. Please be on time to your appointment. Thanks and have a great day!
Congratulations to the parents who received a certificate of completion from Ms. Farroukh of ACCESS for completing the Parent Talk Workshop.
Ms. Farroukh spoke of constructive strategies to use when talking with our children. There are specific ways to respond to a child that will bring you the results you seek as a parent. It was a great workshop for all.
On Friday November 12th, the PTA will be selling popcorn for $0.50 bag. Please send money with your child. They will also be selling candy afterschool between the kindergarten classrooms. There are some big bag items for sale such as cotton candy, bags of m & ms and buckets of candy.
The PTA needs to make 277 candy bags for the children to give away on Monday in celebration of EID. THEY NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE FOR THIS! It will take an hour of your time to help. Please call Ms. Beydoun at 768-5262.