Power has been restored in the Oakman area.
PLEASE join your teacher’s ZOOM meeting at 12:25 (after lunch).
Welcome to the week of September 14, 2020,
Can you believe we are starting our third week already? We understand that school is looking and feeling a little different but we want you to know that we will continue to support you in any way we can. Oakman is team of wonderful students, parents and staff that will continue to provide a supportive learning environment for all our students.
Tips to help you navigate through the week:
- Explore your teacher’s Schoology page
- Sign up for your classroom teacher’s and specials teacher’s blog
- Check out “1. Awesome Oakman Staff” tab on the Oakman blog. Here you can access all the teacher’s blogs and emails
- Be sure to sign into your Zoom meetings on time in the morning and after lunch for attendance
- Using headphones while in Zoom meetings may reduce background noise
- Keep your chromebook charged
- Check out the district’s “Home Learning Hub” Page for helpful tips
- Reach out for help when you need it… You are not alone!
Greetings Oakman families,
We hope you all had an enjoyable and relaxing long weekend. This week marks the beginning of our virtual learning using Zoom and Schoology. Last week, materials were passed out to all our students. Please be sure to review these with your child and keep them stored in a safe place.
Tomorrow, all classroom teachers will hold a Zoom meeting with their students at 8:55am.
Students will need to log onto Schoology to join the Zoom meeting each day.
Please help your child log onto schoology and Zoom a few minutes before 8:55am so that they are ready. Also be sure to subscribe to your teacher’s blogs for updates.
As we navigate these new learning portals, please understand that our teachers are also learning and adapting to new ways of teaching. We are asking for your patience and support throughout this time as we work together and support our students!
If you are still in need of a chromebook for your child, please email their classroom teacher and let them know today.
ACCESS is sponsoring a back to school drive-thry bash on Monday August 31st, from 12pm-5pm. They will be providing free backpacks, food packages, lunch for families, oral hygiene kits, giveaways and more. The event is free to the community and participants can attend the entire event from the safety of their car. Access will also be scheduling appointments for free school physicals and immunizations.