We have LOTS of news to share with you. This is going to be a very busy week at Oakman School and you need to be informed of all the events. Please send one bag of candy with your child to his/her teacher.
• Session #4 of Parent Talk with Mona Farroukh of ACCESS, will be on Thursday, October 28th, at 8:45 am in the cafeteria. Join us for effective parenting strategies on how to talk to your children. These are great classes for all parents.
• Apple Orchard field trip for K, 1, 2 students will be on Friday, October 29th.
1.Please send $1 with your child to purchase a pumpkin and participate in the Pumpkin Patch event on Thursday, October 28th. Don’t let your kid miss this fun outdoor event. They will go out to the hay patch and pick the pumpkin of their choice to take home for only $1. Thank you to Hajj Haidar of Greenland Market for his help in getting the pumpkins for our children.
2. The Classroom Pumpkin Contest will be on display on Thursday, October 28th. Children will be able to vote for their favorite pumpkin
for $0.25 per vote. The class that has the most votes will win a pizza party from the PTA.
3. There will be a bake sale on Friday, October 29th at the Boo Bash. We ask that you send goods from the bakery or home made ones like cupcakes, donuts, cookies, brownies, mini cakes, muffins, and juice boxes. You can send them early on Thursday to beat the rush at the bakery. Please do not send packaged items, like brand name cookies and crackers ex Oreos, Keebler cookies, etc. Each child will be given a toy/trinket of appreciation by the PTA for their donation.
4. On Friday, October 29th, join the PTA and Oakman staff for the Boo Bash from 6-7:30pm. There will be food and Book Bingo in the cafeteria, Halloween crafts in the art room, and lots of fun in the gym. Children are encouraged to wear their costumes and compete. Masks are allowed. Three winners will take home prizes for best costume. This event is for Oakman students and families only. Entrance to the event is $1 per person.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT. OAKMAN HAS THE BEST PARENTS AND FAMILIES IN THE DISTRICT!