Dear Oakman families ,
In order to be transparent with all of our stakeholders, We want to update you on a COVID case at Oakman. As the positivity rate is on the rise in our community, We need to remind all of our families to keep on practicing social distancing norms of wearing a mask and keeping 6 feet apart. Also, we want to also remind you of the parent commitment form and the obligation to your fellow community members of checking your child for any symptoms and if you are in doubt or answer yes to any of the question to stay home to ensure safety for all.
Thank you again for your support and cooperation.
If you would like to split your screen while working, or would like your students to, here are two videos on how to do this.
Thank you Mrs. Hanson for these videos.
We want to thank all Oakman staff, students, and families for the safety precautions and procedures that have been put in place to ensure the safety of all the members of our community. Please be assured that we are continuing to provide a safe learning environment to staff and students who want access to the building on a voluntary basis. Although some have opted out of in-person learning labs, virtual learning labs are continuing on a daily basis. Please refer to the letter below for further clarification:
Dearborn Public Schools has moved the half day for elementary students originally scheduled for Nov. 6 up to Oct. 30.
Teachers will use the afternoon that day to get grades ready for report cards. The first marking period ends on Oct. 30 for all grades this year.
Please click on a screen to view important slides
If your child is having problems with a chromebook microphone that is loud and staticy, it may be the internal microphone. Please try the following steps:
First have child click on the volume icon (bottom right)
Next have them click on the arrow to the right of the sound level.
This will take them to the internal microphone volume setting. They’re setting is probably up the highest, it should be somewhere in the middle of the settings.
There will be NO Zoom sessions or Learning Labs after lunch today. Have a great weekend!
Here is a Quick Tip that can help resolve many issues. One of those issues is connecting to a Zoom meeting.
- Click the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click “More Tools”
- Click “Clear Browsing Data”
- Change “Time Range” to “All Time” and make sure “cookies” and “cached images” are checked.
- Click “Clear Data”
- Once that finishes, hold down the power button on the Chromebook for five seconds to power it off, then power it back on.
- Try joining the Zoom meeting again.
- Students may be asked to “consolidate” their Zoom account. They will get an email that they need to click on to complete that process. (We are working on taking care of this for them, but you may want to have your students check their email). Students only need to do this once.
- Students need to use the Log in with Google button